Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Baby Jack's Birth Story

John "Jack" Oliver was born on March 26, 2013 at 12:49pm. 6lb 15oz, 21in, and perfectly adorable.
I had an appointment on March 25. I was dilated 2-3cm, so we decided to sweep my membranes and see what happen. I had contractions off and on all day (I had been for the last 4 days), but nothing really time-able. Later that night I started losing my mucus plug, but still no regular contractions. So I went to bed.
At about 2am I woke up to contractions. I tried to sleep, but by 3am they were keeping me up. So we called my mom to come watch our older kids and then headed to the hospital.
I got checked in and labored for awhile. My past labors had both started with my water breaking, and the contractions were awful. This time, the pain was really manageable. My nurse was amazing
At around 8:30 my doctor came in and checked me. I was 6cm! So we decided to break my water and really get things going.
The contractions starting getting more intense, and then all of a sudden the pain was really strong. So I got an epidural, and things were great. My doctor checked me again, and I was 8cm. We knew it wouldn't be long!
After another hour or so, my nurse checked me, and I was 9.5cm with just a little lip. We waited about 30 minutes, and it was time to push! Baby boy was head down but facing sideways, so my doctor helped to turn his head as I pushed. Once he was in the right position, he came right out. Just 16 minutes of pushing, and baby Jack was in my arms.
I honestly can't believe how easy my delivery was. And my recovery has been the easiest one yet, even easier than my last VBAC.

Brand new baby Jack.

Jack and Mommy

No comments: